C451B Reference Small-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
A Classic AKG Condenser Mic Reborn!!
AKG's C 451 was one of the all-time great studio condenser microphones. Though the original C 451 mic ended production many years ago, it's still an extremely popular staple in studios all over the world. The enduring popularity of the C 451 inspired AKG to bring this mic back in the C 451 B
AKG C 451 B Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- Ideal for overhead drum miking and capturing rich transients
- Sonically identical to the classic C 451 with improved design
- Increased stability and switchable highpass filter
Ideal for overhead drum miking and capturing rich transients
One of the C 451 B's most common applications is for drum overheads, and many engineers say there's nothing quite like it for miking cymbals - the metallic "crash" and brilliance come through perfectly. The C451B is also an excellent tool for accurately capturing signals rich in transients such as instruments with a percussive sound, acoustic guitar, or for overhead miking.
Sonically identical to the classic C 451 with improved design
Sonically identical to the original, which featured the much-acclaimed CK-1 cardioid capsule, the new C 451 B is incredibly precise and accurate. AKG made the C451B with dramatically improved specifications. Using an extremely light diaphragm, the new C451B is almost totally insensitive to handling noise. Other features include an all-metal body for excellent protection from RF interference and high reliability for excellent results under almost all conditions.
Increased stability selectable pad and highpass filter
The C 451 B capsule is permanently fixed to the preamp to increase overall stability under mechanical stress. It includes a switchable preattenuation pad to increase the C 451 B's SPL capability. A switchable highpass filter at 75Hz or 150Hz prevents low-end distortion. The AKG C 451 B microphone makes a great addition to any professional studio or recording setup.
AKG C 451 B Condenser Microphone Features:
- Cardioid condenser mic with outstanding transient response
- Frequency range 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity 9 mV/Pa (-41dBV)
- Max. SPL 135/145/155dB (0/-10/-20dB)
- Equivalent noise level (CCIR 468-3) 29dB
- Equivalent noise level 18dBA
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) 76dB
- Preattenuation pad 0dB, -10dB, -20dB selectable
- Bass filter flat, 12dB/octave at 75 or 150Hz, selectable
- Impedance <200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance >1000 ohms
- Current consumption <2 mA
- 3-pin XLR connector
- Satin nickel plated finish
- Requires +9V to +52V phantom power
The AKG C 451 B condenser mic is a top studio performer!
C451B Reference Small-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone A small-diaphragm condenser microphone with the identical acoustical behavior of its predecessor, the legendary C451 EB + CK1 capsule, which was a bestseller right from the start in 1969. The roadworthy design around the handcrafted capsule and the low-noise preamp electronics ensure impressive results even under very harsh conditions.